This one-day intermediate course equips participants with the skills to assess credit risk for securities companies, and is designed for experienced commercial, investment banking, fixed income and other risk professionals responsible for credit risk management, origination, investment, sales and trading, regulation or underwriting.
Key learning outcomes include:
• Key business models and financial risks for different types of securities firms
• Strong and weak performance measurement using key benchmarks for liquidity, capital and asset quality
• Lessons learned from the recent crisis
• Key credit issues in financial statements and the impact of differing accounting policies
• How economic, structural, competitive and regulatory changes are shaping strategy in the securities industry.
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Chicago, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and on the ground locally. Our people advise and build learning solutions to accelerate the achievements of the individual and the company, across the entire employee lifestyle.
Our courses cover a wide range of financial topics across ten sectors:
• Corporate Credit Analysis
• Bank Analysis
• Insurance Company Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Risk Management in Financial Institutions
• Structured Finance & Securitization
• Non-Bank Financial Institutions
• Modeling & Excel
• Capital Markets & Investment
• Professional Skills
Fitch Learning also offers customized, in-house training to meet your specific requirements. We work with our clients to define your needs and work in partnership with you to deliver truly blended, innovative solutions. Our extensive expertise and global teams mean that we can deliver across a range of industries and subject matter.