Operational Risk Management in Financial Institutions
About the course
This two-day course provides an understanding of the importance of operational risk management within the Banking and Finance industry.
The key learning outcomes are:
• Identify the sources of operational risk and how these arise within the context of financial institutions main business activities
• Understand the governance structures, systems, procedures and cultural aspects necessary for an organization to successfully manage operational risk
• Build a knowledge of the main techniques for the measurement and quantification of operational risk and their relative merits and drawbacks
• Appreciate the approaches available to a bank under Basel III for the calculation of regulatory capital for operational risk and the supervisory requirements for each approach.
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Chicago, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and on the ground locally. Our people advise and build learning solutions to accelerate the achievements of the individual and the company, across the entire employee lifestyle.
Our courses cover a wide range of financial topics across ten sectors:
• Corporate Credit Analysis
• Bank Analysis
• Insurance Company Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Risk Management in Financial Institutions
• Structured Finance & Securitization
• Non-Bank Financial Institutions
• Modeling & Excel
• Capital Markets & Investment
• Professional Skills
Fitch Learning also offers customized, in-house training to meet your specific requirements. We work with our clients to define your needs and work in partnership with you to deliver truly blended, innovative solutions. Our extensive expertise and global teams mean that we can deliver across a range of industries and subject matter.