The Limbless Association is a registered charity (Charity registration Nos. 803533 and SCO42256) that was originally established in 1983. Since then, it has grown to become the leading UK charity for people with limb-loss. It was granted charitable status in Scotland on 18 April 2011
The Limbless Association was formerly based in south-west London, at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton (The Douglas Bader Rehabilitation Centre). This was the first-ever prosthetic centre in the UK (built in 1915) and is still regarded as a centre-of-excellence for prosthetic treatment and rehabilitation. In April 2010, the office moved to Jubilee House in Brentwood, Essex and in September 2011, the office moved to its current address at Waterhouse Business Centre, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2QE.