This is a two-day introductory course designed for analysts who have limited or no experience in the analysis of financial statements for financial institutions.
Key learning outcomes include:
• Distinguish the risks in the different business lines and products offered by financial institutions and recognize how they are reflected in the financial statements
• Understand the components of bank financial statements and key ratios used in bank analysis
• Recognize the impact of differing accounting standards and policies on the financial statements
• Use the CAMELS framework and key ratios to make a preliminary assessment of the performance and financial health of a bank.
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Chicago, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and on the ground locally. Our people advise and build learning solutions to accelerate the achievements of the individual and the company, across the entire employee lifestyle.
Our courses cover a wide range of financial topics across ten sectors:
• Corporate Credit Analysis
• Bank Analysis
• Insurance Company Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Risk Management in Financial Institutions
• Structured Finance & Securitization
• Non-Bank Financial Institutions
• Modeling & Excel
• Capital Markets & Investment
• Professional Skills
Fitch Learning also offers customized, in-house training to meet your specific requirements. We work with our clients to define your needs and work in partnership with you to deliver truly blended, innovative solutions. Our extensive expertise and global teams mean that we can deliver across a range of industries and subject matter.