This is a one-day introductory course designed for individuals who are seeking an understanding of fixed income and related instruments.
Key learning outcomes include:
• Describe the government and corporate bond markets
• Identify major players in the fixed income market, compare between types of fixed income instruments
• Identify the role played by credit rating agencies, discuss the concept of time value of money and its application to bond pricing
• Compute the price of fixed income securities
• Examine the measures of sensitivity and interest rate risk, evaluate the concept of yield and the yield curve, define the concept of ‘spreads’
• Explain the process of securitization.
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Chicago, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and on the ground locally. Our people advise and build learning solutions to accelerate the achievements of the individual and the company, across the entire employee lifestyle.
Our courses cover a wide range of financial topics across ten sectors:
• Corporate Credit Analysis
• Bank Analysis
• Insurance Company Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Risk Management in Financial Institutions
• Structured Finance & Securitization
• Non-Bank Financial Institutions
• Modeling & Excel
• Capital Markets & Investment
• Professional Skills
Fitch Learning also offers customized, in-house training to meet your specific requirements. We work with our clients to define your needs and work in partnership with you to deliver truly blended, innovative solutions. Our extensive expertise and global teams mean that we can deliver across a range of industries and subject matter.