Fundamentals of Investment Management is a one-day course that provides a comprehensive, non-mathematical introduction to the key elements of investment management.
The key learning outcomes include:
• Understand what institutional investors are and how they operate
• Identify the characteristics of the principal asset classes and distinguish between the principal investment products
• Understand the importance of establishing investor preferences
• Understand the basic principles of portfolio construction
• Distinguish between active and passive portfolio strategies and styles
• Differentiate between equity and fixed income management styles
• Understand the interaction between institutional investors and brokers/investment banks.
Part of the Fitch Group, Fitch Learning partners with clients to enhance knowledge, skills and conduct. With centers in London, New York, Chicago, Singapore, Dubai and Hong Kong, we are committed to questioning and understanding client needs across the globe and on the ground locally. Our people advise and build learning solutions to accelerate the achievements of the individual and the company, across the entire employee lifestyle.
Our courses cover a wide range of financial topics across ten sectors:
• Corporate Credit Analysis
• Bank Analysis
• Insurance Company Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Risk Management in Financial Institutions
• Structured Finance & Securitization
• Non-Bank Financial Institutions
• Modeling & Excel
• Capital Markets & Investment
• Professional Skills
Fitch Learning also offers customized, in-house training to meet your specific requirements. We work with our clients to define your needs and work in partnership with you to deliver truly blended, innovative solutions. Our extensive expertise and global teams mean that we can deliver across a range of industries and subject matter.