This event is designed to give those working with or caring for a young person (aged 5-17) on a daily basis to come together; hear from experts by profession and lived experience; and learn about the services Beat provides to help them support those living with an eating disorder. This event is still relevant to those who work in adult services; who feel they would benefit from the sessions being ran and the networking opportunities this event has to offer. See programme details for more information. To hold a regional event in the local area of Essex and LEFT to connect healthcare professionals including; GPs; nurses; social care providers; primary care; third sector; schools and carers of eating disorders; and increase awareness of Beat’s services in the area of Essex.
Beat is the UK’s eating disorder charity.
Beat’s vision is that eating disorders will be overcome.
Beat’s aims are:
• To change the way everyone thinks and talks about eating disorders
• To improve the way services and treatment are provided
• And to help anyone believe that their eating disorder can be overcome
We do this by:
• Challenging the stereotypes and stigma that people with eating disorders face
• Campaigning for better services and treatment
• Providing information, support and encouragement to seek treatment and recovery