Social media has become a central aspect of everyday life and has completely revolutionised the way people learn, find new career opportunities, and grow their companies. In this article, we will provide a brief overview to social media marketing courses, including the potential career paths, and where to find courses for CPD.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing also known as SMM is a form of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites to market a business’s products or services, connect with existing customers, reach new audiences, and build their brand. This can be done using organic methods or through paid advertising.
Why take a social media marketing course?
Social media is quickly becoming one of the most important aspects of digital marketing, which provides incredible benefits that help companies reach millions of customers worldwide. With over 4 billion users sharing, interacting via social media, it’s no surprise that businesses and individuals are engaging more and more using these popular platforms.
Whether you are someone who engages in the creation of digital content to advance their career, or a business owner looking to engage with their audience, a social media marketing course is a great opportunity to gain further skills and insights in the digital landscape.
Common topics in a social media marketing course include how to:
- Manage the online reputation of yourself or your business
- Maintain an effective presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Write engaging social media content and get the most out of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Create and use videos and images to boost social media engagement
- Manage social media strategy and campaigns
- Understand and interpret social media analytics