Date: 14 May 2018
The CPD Certification Service Limited of The Coach House, Ealing Green, London W5 5ER (we, us, our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.cpduk.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you do not agree with the practices described in this policy, please either: disable the cookie functionality in your browser (you can get instructions from a Google search if you input your chosen browser and the device you are using) and do not supply us with any of your personal data via the website or otherwise; or navigate away from our site.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us your personal information by filling in forms on our site www.cpduk.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, use our services, place an order on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial, payment card information, professional qualifications, professional interests and any other relevant information you provide in any particular circumstance.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
USES MADE OF THIS INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide your employer organisation with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (you may opt- out of receiving such communications at any time, either by following the opt- out link in the email or contacting us at the email address below) ;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. We will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The CPD Certification Service Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation in any contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The CPD Certification Service Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store your personal data on our servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal data using industry standard technological measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your personal data for six full UK tax years following the end of your membership. After this period, we delete your personal data from out systems unless we have to retain it pursuant to any applicable law or regulation to which we are subject.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our certified clients, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. You have the right to access, delete and correct personal information we hold about you. You may also request that your personal data is transferred. Please contact up at the email address below if you would like to exercise any of your rights. and you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s office if you’re not happy with the way we are treating your data, but please contact us first so we can resolve any issues with you.